Tuesday, September 16, 2008

About Me & Blog

Hi everyone! Welcome aboard to ABSOLUTModeling! My name is Roland, a Singaporean. This site is specially created & dedicated to those people who love automobile scale models but may not have the time or skill necessary to build one. Therefore, if you would like one of your baby to be scaled down and displayed on your shelves, here's a place you definitely won't wanna miss.!

Brief History of Myself
I have been into scale modeling for around 10 years ago through a cousin of mine. One day, looking through his cupboard i saw this model of a bike, it was Tamiya's Ducati 916. Instantly, I fell in love with that bike as well as the hobby since i have always been interested in miniature models and stuffs. Many may think my first model will definitely be the Ducati, but its not the case because the first model i did was actually a birthday present for me some 10 years ago. It was the Mercedes SEL600 by Tamiya too. Without any knowledge of scale modeling, i used superglue( which I still use now) for fixing the parts together and with a big brush from my art class to paint the body. I must say its not very nice to see the finished product. Well, from then on, i started learning bit by bit by myself. I have neither mentor nor teacher to guide me and no doubt i had wasted quite some amount of money and time of figuring out the basics of painting and etc. It was only until the last 4 to 5 years before i was totally convinced that I'm happy with the skills i have.

The first competition i joined was very small in scale, it was organised by the IPMS(International Plastic Modellers' Society) and was held in one of the community clubs (in Singapore) in 2002 or 2003 which i cant really remember. I came in third for the automobile category with a Tamiya's Suzuki Hayabusa. Then, there wasn't any competition that i knew of for the next 3 or 4 years before in 2006, Singapore Tamiya main distributor, Stargek, finally organised a large scale competition, held in one of the best shopping centers,
Marina Square in Singapore. In that event, i came in first for the automobile (bike and cars) category. My winning model was the Honda Repsol 2003 Racing bike ridden by Valentino Rossi. In the following year for the same event, i had again gained first place for the automobile (cars only) category and my winning model was the Porsche Carrera GT. And 2008, I had been invited to help out in judging for a local scale modeling event and I feel honored to be able to help.

I am a fan of Ferraris. My target is to build as many Ferrari models as possible and thus its inevitable to see most of my updates will definitely be on Ferrari except if I have a commissioned job on hand. For those who also love scale modeling, lets keep this hobby going and produce more workpieces soon.

Any questions with regards to customization service or purchase, you can simply email me at: v_rossi_85@hotmail.com. Or you can also contact me at +6593391185. The price range will be listed in the next post. Start your engine! Cheers!! :)

Achievements in Summary (Singapore)
2002 IPMS Modeling Competition Automobile Category - 3rd Placing
2006 Tamiya Modeling Competition Automobile Category (Cars & Bikes) - Champion
2007 Tamiya Modeling Competition Automobile Category (Cars) - Champion


BACK TO HOME


TERMS & CONDITIONS
No images may be captured, copied, reproduced or used without permission. The content of this blog, is Copyrighted by Ng Roland. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.